License Mobility Through Software Assurance:
With License Mobility through Software Assurance, you can deploy certain server application licenses purchased under your Volume Licensing agreement in an Authorized Mobility Partner’s datacenter.
- Extend the value of your server application license by deploying them on-premises or in the cloud.
- Take advantage of the lowest cost computing infrastructure for changing business priorities.
Microsoft License Mobility through Software Assurance for Microsoft Windows Server Applications on AWS:
Microsoft has announced a new benefit, called License Mobility through Software Assurance, which allows Microsoft customers to more easily move current on-premises Microsoft Server application workloads to Amazon Web Services (AWS), without any additional Microsoft software license fees.
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Microsoft SharePoint Server
- Microsoft SQL Server Standard Edition
- Microsoft SQL Server Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft Lync Server
- Microsoft System Center Server
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server
Support policy for Microsoft software running in non-Microsoft hardware virtualization software:
Support policy for Microsoft SQL Server products that are running in a hardware virtualization environment
- Running SQL Server in Microsoft Hyper-V based virtualized environment
- Running SQL Server in partner supported virtualized environment
Microsoft server software support for Windows Azure Virtual Machines:
1. Microsoft SharePoint Server
Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 and later is supported on Windows Azure Virtual Machines.
Support and licensing for Windows Azure in SharePoint 2013
2. Microsoft SQL Server
64-bit versions of Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and later are supported.
3. Windows Server
Windows Server 2008 R2 and later versions are supported for the following roles:
- Active Directory Domain Services
- Active Directory Federation Services
- Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services
- Application Server
- DNS Server
- Fax Server
- Network Policy and Access Services
- Print and Document Services
- Web Server (IIS)
- Windows Deployment Services
- Windows Server Update Services
- File Services
The following features are not supported on Windows Azure Virtual Machines:
- Failover Clustering
- Network Load Balancing.