Windows Azure Power Shell Cmdlets 2.0 was released last month. You can download the latest version from the link below:
Documentation and details:
Cmdlets 2.0 key features are included in the following area:
- Windows Azure Service Management API
- Windows Azure SDK
- Windows Azure Storage Analytics
- Windows Azure Diagnostics
- SQL Azure REST API
- Windows PowerShell
The one feature I like the most is to delete old diagnostics logs from Azure storage with a single command.
To delete old logs completely usethe command below:
Also all of the Clear* diagnostics cmdlets support –From and –To (and –FromUTC and –ToUTC) parameters. So if you want to delete logs between certain dates you can use command as below:
- Clear-WindowsAzureLog -From “10/1/2011 12:00:00 AM” -To “10/31/2011 12:00:00 PM”
- (Above command delete all logs in the month of October 2011)
One caveat to above command is that after clearing the log, the container is not deleted.