Windows HPC Server with Burst to Azure is ideal for compute intensive applications that demand 1000s of Cores. The HPC/Azure hybrid solution allows both novice users and skilled developers to quickly deploy their existing windows binary executable, HPC SOA code, or MPI-based HPC code. The HPC job scheduler automatically batch scales your code by allowing cloud nodes to be added to an on-premise head node. These comprehensive samples should get your Windows/non-Windows users up and running quickly on Azure for their compute-intensive workload needs.
Download: Windows HPC with Windows Azure burst training kit to version 1.6.
The offline installer along with a paper: Windows HPC with Burst to Windows Azure: Application Models and Data Considerations
- CPU spinner
- Image rendering on Renderman format files (Console client) – Updated!
- Image rendering on Renderman files (Windows Phone 7 client) – New!
- BLAST on Azure! – New!
- Square Service
- Asian Options service using VSTO and Excel
- Word-association service using SQL Azure – New!
- Pi (π) Calculator – New!
- Tachyon ray-tracing – New!
- Asian Options UDF — an UDF implementation of sample 2b.