So if you always wanted to try System Center Operation Manager (SCOM) plugin for Managing Windows Azure Application, i think this post would give you a good start. You just need to download a VHD which is already pre-configured for everything you need on this regard.
If you are new to Windows Azure:
- You can actually deploy a new Sample Windows Azure Application and then manage it with SCOM plugin for Windows Azure.
If you have already running Windows Azure application:
- You can use this pre-configured VHD to actually manage & monitor your already running Windows Azure Application.
In this evaluation, users will follow a step-by-step guide to deploy a sample application to Windows Azure and then use System Center Operations Manager to monitor and manage that application.
The following components are included in the Deploying and Managing Windows Azure Applications evaluation:
- Windows Azure Platform Trial - Sign up for a free trial of the Windows Azure platform or use your own account.
- Evaluation Guide - This step-by-step guide walks you through deploying and managing an application on Windows Azure.
- Windows Azure-ready Application - You will deploy this sample application on Windows Azure.
- System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2 VHD - This fully configured virtual machine provides the environment from which you will deploy the sample application on Windows Azure and demonstrates System Center Operations Manager's capabilities for managing applications and IT services in a Windows Azure public cloud environment.
- Windows Azure Application Monitoring Management Pack - The Windows Azure Application Monitoring Management Pack for System Center Operations Manager enables you to monitor the availability and performance of applications that are running on Windows Azure.
- Windows Azure Software Development Kit and Tools for Visual Studio - To further explore Windows Azure, these tools extend Visual Studio 2010 and Visual Web Developer 2010 Express Edition to enable you to create, build, debug, run, and package scalable services on Windows Azure.
- Windows Server 2008 R2 with the Hyper-V role enabled.
- RAM: 8 GB or more recommended
- Hard disk space required for install: 40 GB minimum (80 GB recommended)
- Internet connection
- 64-bit edition
- VHD (virtual hard drive) download
- These languages: English
- The image has a 180-day evaluation period. After this time, you will need to uninstall the software or upgrade to a fully-licensed versions of the products on this VHD.