Now anyone using Windows Azure Storage can sleep without any tension, by knowing that their data in Windows Azure Storage (blob, table and queue) have another safe copy replicated within the same region. I am awake at 10:20 PM for other reasons however I am taking sigh of relief by knowing that I have a copy of my data is replicated..
The best part, it is FREE!!!
A few terms to know about:
- Geo-Replication Transaction Consistency
- Primary & Secondary Location
- Disabling Geo-Replication
- Re-Bootstrap Storage Account
- Cross-PartitionKey relationships
To learn about above term and many more please visit at: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/windowsazurestorage/archive/2011/09/15/introducing-geo-replication-for-windows-azure-storage.aspx