The problem I am describing here is related with setting up custom domain for Window Azure CDN in your Office 365 (Professional and Education) account.
Here are the details:
- Your custom domain: mydomain.com
- Your Azure Storage CDN URL: azurestorage.blob.core.windows.net
- Custom Domain for Azure CDN: storage.mydomain.com
Now you would like to set custom domain name for Azure CDN:
- You would want to point storage.mydomain.com to your Windows Azure CDN endpoint.
- To setup CNAME entry you would need to set something similar to this 'd2e332d9-a34d-123d-de34-b43dc232c2a4.storage.mydomain.com' pointing to verify.azure.com for domain verification.
- However in Office 365 Domain handler (for professional & student) doesn't allow 3rd Level domain format as ‘xxxx.storage.com".
The problem is only because Office 365 Domain handler (for professional & student) does not support 3rd level domain, and it is only supported in Office 365 enterprise. You can use the following two options to solve your problem:
- You can use other 3rd party domain registrar instead of using Office 365 domain setup
- Or you can upgrade your Office 365 subscription to Enterprise level
You can learn more details in the link below: