Today Windows Azure AppFabric Service Bus Team updated a few new samples which includes JAVA and PHP based REST API to access Windows Azure AppFabric Service Bus.
Team created “Chat application” in PHP and Java that can all work seamlessly together. You can download the new PHP and Java samples, as well as all others for all other supported environments, from CodePlex.
Here is more info:
The Java application is implemented as a stand-alone client application and these are the steps you need to follow to build it:
- Edit the src\config\appfabric.properties file and add your Service Namespace, Issuer Name and Issuer Secret Key (obtained here).
- Compile the source using Apache Ant: navigate to the application directory in a command prompt and run “ant”.
- Once the build is complete, cd to the new “dist” directory and run the jar file: “java –jar AppFabricChat.jar”.
To use the PHP app, you need to:
- Add your Service Namespace, Issuer Name and Issuer Secret Key to application\configs\appfabric.ini (obtained here).
- Then point your webserver at the “public” directory and browse to the site.
To set up a new site in IIS:
- Open “Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager”
- Click “View Sites”, then “Add Web Site…”
- Give the site a name such as AppFabricChat and point “Physical path” to the “public” directory of the PHP application.
- Pick port and hostname information, and click OK.
- Click the link under “Browse Web Site” to see the application.
I am working on these samples and will provide more details in coming days!!