What is 21CLD?
Students around the world need advanced skills to succeed in the globalised, knowledge based world of today. 21st Century Learning Design, or 21CLD, professional development helps teachers design lessons and learning activities to build students’ 21st century skills. The program is based on rubrics developed and tested in one of the largest ever international studies of 21st Century Skills – Innovative Teaching and Learning (ITL) Research project
The 21CLD materials are presented in an easy to use, highly interactive way in this app. Using this app will help educators identify and understand the opportunities that learning activities give students to build 21st century skills.
A learning activity is any task that students do as part of their school related work. It can be an exercise that students complete in one class period or an extended project that takes place both in and outside of school. The 21CLD rubrics incorporate a research-based methodology for coding learning activities to ensure you are embedding 21st century skills in your teaching practices.
Features of the App
- Explore the dimension of 21st Century Learning Design.
- Evaluate your content against all or some of the dimensions.
- Receive detailed breakdowns of your understanding of the dimensions.
- Export your assessment results to detailed Word documents.
You can use this app to:
- Learn more about 21CLD rubrics and dimensions.
- Code your own Learning Activities.
- Consider ways to increase opportunity for 21st Century Skill development in your learning activities.
- Find exemplar units of work with strong 21st Century Learning Design aspects.
How do you install the app?
Click on this link and download from Windows Marketplace.
Interested in finding our more about the 21CLD Program?
Microsoft has partnered with two Australian Professional Learning providers to offer 21CLD Training for you school. This training is contextualized to Australian school needs and curriculum focus. Both Design | Learn | Empower and Expanding Learning Horizons would be happy to discuss your training needs and tailor a learning experience to suit your school. If you would like to find out more about the 21CLD Program from Microsoft directly please email us at: email@example.com
Find more Windows 8 apps to help preparation and professional development on our Teacher Planning Pinterest Board.