I recently blogged about the need to rethink you’re marketing approach and sales strategy as you build you cloud services business. Having a great solution that meets the needs of a specific audience is key, but having effective sales and marketing strategies in place is also critical for success. Much of this is due to the change in the way buyers are seeking solutions to their business problems, and how and when they are engaging with potential vendors. I’ve included below some new resources and a reminder of some upcoming workshops to help you as you evolve your thinking for both sales and marketing to effectively engage prospects.
- Learn more about how buyer behaviours are changing and evolving.
- Review the “Building marketing muscle in the cloud economy” whitepaper.
- Hear how emotions are impacting buyer behaviour.
To help you put this into action, we’re running marketing and sales workshops aligned to rethinking your strategies and to build a high level plan. A reminder of the details below.
- We have teamed up with Melanie McKinney from Carpe Diem to bring you a full-day “New Marketing” workshop, the output of which will be a high level action plan to rethink your marketing. Melanie and the Carpe Diem team have worked with a number of Microsoft Partners successfully enabling them to increase their lead generation by changing their approach with social and digital methods. The cost to attend is $75 per seat (incl. GST):
- We’ve partnered with Luke Debono from Incredible Results to bring you a full-day workshop in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane. In this workshop you will learn about different sales methodologies and strategies to help you achieve your goals and how to execute those changes in your business. The cost to attend is $75 per seat (incl. GST):
To sign up for the workshop’s you will need your Microsoft Partner Network login to access the details via the URLs above and sign up. If you’re not yet an MPN member take a look at Jack Pilon’s blog post on MPN 101 which highlights the benefits and how to sign up. If you are already an MPN member and having problems with your login you can reach the Regional Support Centre on 13 20 58 (option 2, 4, 1). If you have any further questions please email email@example.com.