Partnering with Microsoft allows you to deliver innovative products and services, access new markets and generate more customers. In combination with the Microsoft Partner Network (MPN) – it’s the best business decision you can make.
The MPN caters for the world’s most innovative and diverse partner ecosystem; enabling growth, development and profitability through a benefit entitlement so expansive, it’s practically unfair. This is where the program shines; whether you’re a one person start-up or a 1,000+ seat multinational, a reseller or developer, managed service provider or systems integrator – the Microsoft Partner Network has what you need to stand out in the cloud. With that said, I’m the first to admit our greatest strength can also be our achilles heel, the immense scope can be overwhelming to the uninitiated.
That ends starting today. Don’t miss my four post series designed to de-mystify the Microsoft Partner Network for Australian partners – because everyone deserves an unfair cloud advantage, right?
Microsoft Partner Network 101
The Microsoft Partner Network has three distinct tiers. Where you are on your journey, your desired engagement and benefits needed will determine the best tier for you.
Community – Absolutely no cost, includes business critical benefits for partners of all kinds (especially those in the cloud)
Action Pack – Builds on community. Introduces licences to run your business on the latest Microsoft technology, increased support options and additional sales & marketing resources
Competency – The Microsoft partner elite and a core requirement for account management. Choose one, two or more competencies from the twenty seven; solution, product, business model or customer segment specific offerings. Display your best in class capabilities and gain access to the software, support and resources to back it up
Community, Action Pack and (Silver / Gold) Competency
All tiers of membership provide partners with a core set of benefits;
- Pinpoint marketplace listing eligibility
- Training and readiness
- Sales and marketing assets
- MPN, Sales, Pre-Sales and Technical support
Of particular importance to Office 365 partners, your membership provides:
- Office 365 Partner Admin Centre (for delegated administration requests, trial invitations and purchase offers)
- Incentive payments for Advisor sales / deployments (learn more here)
- Office 365 Syndication content and marketing assets
- Online Services Dashboard for advanced customer subscription management and performance tracking
See the full listing of Microsoft Competencies, including the new Cloud Performance Competencies (Small and Midmarket Cloud Solutions, Cloud Productivity, Cloud Platform and Cloud Customer Relationship Management).
All Microsoft Partners are eligible for support from expert Microsoft consultants for MPN, Sales, Pre-Sales and Technical enquiries. Upgrading to an Action Pack or Competency increases your coverage.
- Partner Support Communities: access online
- Regional Service Centre: access online or call 13 20 58 (Options 2,4,1)
- Product Support: submit a ticket online
- Partner Advisory Hours: submit a ticket online, email email@example.com or call 13 16 30 (Options 2,2)
- Signature Cloud Support: submit a ticket online
Next Friday I’ll dive into the no-cost Community tier.
Need Support? Contact the Regional Service Centre on 13 20 58, Options 2,4,1 (Australian partners only) or visit the Partner Support Community.