In my previous blog post I highlighted 5 key areas that successful cloud Partners are focusing on:
· Building recurring revenue streams through managed services and annuity contracts.
· Focusing on “ARPU” – average revenue per user, driving up-sell and cross-sell of value add services at a user level.
· Creating a high volume sales engine.
· Increasing focus on digital marketing and social to attract a high volume of self-educated prospects, resulting in higher qualified leads and shortening the sales process.
· Delivering cloud solutions at a rapid pace to demonstrate the value and benefits to the customer quickly so you become the trusted advisor early on.
A real life example of a Microsoft Partner doing this is Perspicuity based in the UK. To maximise the cloud opportunity they focused on building a packaged offering to meet a very specific need in the market. By creating such a specific, packaged service this enabled them to focus on delivering a consistently high quality engagement for their customers with predictable profitability. This gave Perspicuity a repeatable solution that they could then focus on driving out in scale by rethinking their sales approach giving them the ability to very quickly qualify out prospects and focus on real opportunities. Once engaged, with a clearly defined packaged offering they could very quickly deliver value to the customer.