As was announced on June 2, 2014, Pearson VUE has been added as a new exam delivery provider for Microsoft Certification exams.
Starting in September 2014, candidates, including academic candidates, may choose from both Prometric or Pearson VUE to complete their Microsoft Certification Professional (MCP) exams and Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) exams.
Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) and academic MTA exams will continue to be delivered through Certiport.
Effective January 1, 2015. Pearson VUE, and Certiport, a division of Pearson VUE, will become the sole exam delivery provider for Microsoft. This will enable Microsoft to provide a more seamless customer experience throughout the Microsoft Certification exam testing process.
Exam Registration Options and Requirements
Effective September 4, 2014, partners & customers can register for an MCP and MTA exam with Pearson VUE:
- On the web, at the Microsoft Learning web site.
- By phone, with Pearson VUE directly.
- In person, at a Pearson VUE Testing Centre.
Regardless of registration method, customers must meet the following requirements prior to registering for their first exam with Pearson VUE:
- Customers must have an active Microsoft Account.
- Customers must have a user profile on the Microsoft Learning web site.
When registering for an exam on-line, customers will be prompted to create a profile if none exists. Customers who prefer to register by phone or in person can create their profile by following these steps:
1. On the Microsoft Learning web site, in the upper right corner, click Sign in.
2. Sign in using your Microsoft account. Important: If you are an MCP, use the Microsoft Account associated with your member site benefits.
3. In the upper right corner, click Account, and then click Profile Settings.
4. Create, edit, or verify your profile, and then click Save.
For more information on Pearson VUE and Microsoft exam testing, please click here.