SQL Server 2014 offers small and midsize organizations a fast, highly available database—and a cloud-ready data platform that will grow with their businesses. The newest course in the Ahead of the Game Technical Series, Be Lean & Stay Lean with SQL Server 2014, provides training, demonstrations, and hands-on instruction on how to use the latest SQL Server capabilities to deliver database applications both on-premises and in the cloud. This free one-day course covers a range of important technology areas, including In-Memory OLTP performance, hybrid database scenarios, enhanced high availability, and more.
In this training, you will:
- Get hands-on experience: With a focus on building real-world solutions, this training consists of presentations, demos, and hands-on labs.
- Get the skills you need to deliver real-world solutions: This course is designed specifically for partners working with small and midsize business (SMB) customers to deliver solutions using the latest products and technologies from Microsoft.
- Get prepared to open up new opportunities in the cloud: Participants will learn about hybrid solutions using SQL Server 2014 and Microsoft Azure that combine on-premises and cloud deployments in the way that best meets each customer’s unique needs.
Who Should Attend: The Ahead of the Game Technical Series is for Microsoft value-added reseller (VAR) partners with or without existing business practices built on Windows Server and/or SQL Server who work with small and midsize organizations. The training is designed for IT professionals and consultants who are ready to learn more about meeting the technical needs of SMBs with database solutions. We encourage partners that attended the first series of courses in the Ahead of the Game Technical Series to join us for this event. The content is all new!
What We Will Cover:This course is organized into six modules designed to cover the key technology areas relevant to building database solutions for small and midsize organizations.
1. Overview and new features in SQL Server 2014—Get an overview of SQL Server 2014 and get started working with the tools and exploring the features.
2. In-Memory OLTP and Performance—Learn about the new performance features that make SQL Server 2014 a game changing release for small and midsize businesses.
3. Hybrid Database Scenarios—Understand key hybrid cloud scenarios that can be implemented with SQL Server 2014 and Microsoft Azure.
4. Enhanced High Availability and Disaster Recovery Capabilities—Learn about SQL Server 2014 high availability technologies—including database mirroring, log shipping, and AlwaysOn availability groups—as well as hybrid disaster recovery scenarios.
5. Enhanced Tools and Manageability—Examine the toolset used to administer and develop SQL Server 2014 solutions.
6. New Storage Features and Capabilities—Understand how to create storage solutions that span on-premises and cloud with SQL Server 2014 and Windows Azure.
08:45 – 09:00
09:00 – 10:45
Module 1: Introduction to Class/Objectives
Module 2: Server Consolidation Part 1
Module 2: Exploring Hyper-V Lab
10:45 – 11:00
11:00 – 12:00
Module 3: Server Consolidation Part 2
Module 3: VM Mobility Lab
12:00 – 13:00
13:00 – 15:00
Module 4: Disaster Recovery and Resiliency
Module 4: Hyper-V Replica Lab
15:00 – 15:15
15:15 – 17:00
Module 5: Cost Effective Storage
Module 5: Storage Pools and Storage Spaces Lab
Review and Wrap up
For any issues with registration or the event, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.