The Microsoft CRM Enterprise Academy provides 300-level, deep technical training to help address the unique needs of your enterprise customers. Drive more architectural type knowledge into deals & implementations and access technical content designed by R&D and Microsoft Services. All material is based on the new features and functionality of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013.
DATE: 27 – 30 May 2014
LOCATION: Microsoft 1 Epping Road North Ryde 2113
PRICE: $1450 USD
Advanced Development course
This 4 day course is targeted for developers that already have a basic understanding of how to customize and extend CRM and are looking to learn more advanced techniques.
Topics include: Client scripting, navigation customization, custom scenarios HTML/JScript Web Resources interacting with CRM’s REST and SOAP endpoints, advanced plug-ins and processes, CRM Solutions tools and techniques, and CRM Online and Windows Azure cloud strategy.
- Attendee should be a technical consultant or architect focused on implementing CRM solutions
- Basic CRM customization skills are required
- Ability to understand and use C#
- Ability to work within Visual Studio and similar developer focused tools
- Attendee should have completed or have the equivalent knowledge contained in the Microsoft Learning Course 80542: Customization and Configuration
Advanced Infrastructure course
Designing a Microsoft Dynamics CRM Enterprise Infrastructure involves complex requirements and advanced knowledge of the technologies necessary for a successful implementation. In this 3-day course, you will plan and architect scalable, enterprise global deployments of Microsoft Dynamics CRM highlighting the features of the new CRM 2013 release.
Topics include: Capacity planning and benchmarking efforts, performance considerations, functional differences between the E-Mail router and server-side sync options, understanding of new services, database structure and upgrading to CRM 2013.
- Working knowledge of CRM, understanding of the CRM system requirements and the different required components in Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Basic knowledge of infrastructure on networking, load balancing, database, Active Directory, ADFS and Microsoft Office 365.
- Attendee should have completed or have the equivalent knowledge contained in the Microsoft Learning Course 80539: Installation and Deployment