Ensure your colleagues are associated with your organisation’s MPN profile (AKA MPN ID) – not only will they gain access to the benefits of MPN membership, their certifications will also contribute towards competency attainment.
The steps below outline the process for a Primary Program Contact to send association invitations. Whilst there are other association methods, I’ve found this to be the fastest, most reliable option.
You will need:
- To be the Primary Program Contact of your organisation’s MPN profile and/or have Global Admin Rights to the profile
- To be able to sign in to the Partner Membership Centre with your Microsoft Account
- The work email addresses (inc. Organisation domain) of the colleague(s) you wish to invite
Your colleague(s) will need:
- A Microsoft Account, such as an @outlook.com email address or a converted Gmail account (learn how to create a Microsoft Account using an existing Gmail account)
- Note: this is the account that will be used to access MPN resources and benefits
- If they have one – to have their Microsoft Certified Professional ID (MCP ID) on hand
- Internet Explorer 11 or higher is recommended. In the event of authentication issues, use Internet Explorer’s “InPrivate mode” (Ctrl+Shift+P)
- If at any time you run into issues – MPN Support (AKA The Regional Service Centre) are on hand for assistance. Australian Partners can find the contact details by visiting Partner101: www.aka.ms/partner101
Invitation steps (performed by the PPC):
- Sign in to the Partner Membership Centre invitation page with your Microsoft Account
- Note: If you are associated with multiple MPN profiles, select the profile you would like to manage and proceed to the invitation page
- You will see an option to “Invite Multiple People”. Enter the work email addresses of the colleague(s) you would like to invite, separating each address with a semi-colon
- Note: to ensure successful association, please use the “Invite Multiple People” process, even if inviting a single colleague
- Select the language and click “Approve Invitees”
- Note: invitations will not automatically be sent. See step 4
- The email addresses entered in Step 2 are now pre-approved for association. Copy the “Invitation URL” and email it to your pre-approved colleagues
Association steps (performed by the pre-approved colleague):
- Click the URL sent to you by your Primary Program Contact (PPC)
- You will be prompted to sign in with a Microsoft Account – this is the account that will be used to access MPN benefits and resources
- Complete your association by filling out the “Individual Profile” form
- Note: your “pre-approved” email address must be used as the “Communication Options” email address, otherwise, your association request will be rejected
- Tip: if you have one, include your Microsoft Certified Professional ID (MCP ID). Your MCP ID can only be linked to one MPN Profile at a time (learn more about linking and un-linking MCP IDs)
- Once accepted – you have immediate access to the Partner portal, inc. no cost readiness, support and sales & marketing assets.
- Need greater access rights (eg. Global Admin Privileges, Software Download Rights) or to be assigned as a designated contact (eg. Sales & Marketing Contact, Technical Contact, Executive Contact)? Ask your PPC to update your access privileges or change your role type.
You’re done! Now is it time you considered a Gold Cloud Competency?
Share your thoughts! Join the discussion, connect with the team and engage with other Partners in the Microsoft Australia Partner Yammer Community