• background on the Australian Search Landscape
• difference between Organic Search (SEO) and Paid Search (PPC)
• the 3 C’s of SEO: Content, Connections and Crawl-ability
Many businesses are now doing SEM but are unclear how to use these opportunities in a cost-effective way. Craig’s session will highlight some of the issues facing search marketers and outline:
• the three main search advertising options for businesses: Google AdWords, Yahoo Search Marketing (incorporating Bing) and Facebook
• how to get better results with your Google AdWords campaign
• the biggest mistakes people make in online advertising
• opportunities in Facebook marketing
Mark Vozzo is the Online Analytics Lead at Microsoft Australia and looks after the measurement and reporting of Microsoft’s local web sites. He has been in online marketing since 1998 doing Search Engine Optimisation for over seven years. Before joining Microsoft, he was the Search Marketing Analyst at Fairfax Digital – a leading Australian publisher of The Sydney Morning Herald, The Age and many other high traffic sites.
Craig Bailey has worked in IT for more than twenty years, including CTO and Technical Director roles for Microsoft Gold Certified Partners. Since 2000 his focus moved toward web development and web strategy, including Search Engine Optimisation, online marketing and conversion optimisation. Today Craig consults on web strategy for clients around the world, with businesses as diverse as software, music and furniture. He is a Google Analytics Qualified Individual and Microsoft adExcellence Member.
In addition to these presentations, we will also conduct our Speed.Net.Working, where you get to exchange 2-minute ‘elevator pitches’ with half-a-dozen of your business peers, outlining your company’s capabilities as well as the types of partnerships which you seek.
Over a continental breakfast, network with our guests and other technology focused companies to identify skills and synergies, share knowledge and pool resources.
When: Thursday 24th June, 2010
Time: 7:15am for a 7:30am start – concluding around 9:00am
Venue: Level 2, The Grace Hotel, 77 York Street, Sydney
Price: $35 for NSW.NET members, $55 for non-members
Registration: online at www.nswdotnet.com.au