Come to AIMIA’s Search Engine Optimization event in Sydney
Date: Date: 20 May 2010 | Sydney
AIMIA (Australian Interactive Media Industry Association) are running a short 2 hour morning session on SEO. Our very own resident Microsoft SEO expert, Mark Vozzo (part of the Digital Marketing Team) will be presenting on the topic “Measuring Search”. He’ll be showcasing some key reports and tools to help you measure your Search Engine Optimisation efforts. Other speaker from Fairfax Digital and Yahoo7 will be speaking about SEO.
About this SEO Event
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is the process of improving your website’s ranking in the natural search engine results. Search dominates with Australian’s spending 11.8% of time on search engines (Hitwise, November 2009).
Digital media today has two key elements – delivery (getting people and destination) and destination (having customers perform a meaningful action on your site – e.g. buy a product). SEO plays a critical role in both and is critical function of how your website, brand and business function online.
What SEO is able to do:
· Target you’re your audience in all stages of the marketing cycle (By targeting specific keywords).
· Become an authoritive resource for information in your niche.
· Target “long tail” keywords, such as “Black trainers with a yellow stripe”.
· Develop your business online offering in relation to search demand.
Who should attend?
· Marketers who want to gain an understanding of how SEO plays a role in their communication channel (online)
· Businesses interested in increasing quality (relevant) traffic to their website
$75 AIMIA Members
(Prices include GST)
About Mark Vozzo
Online Analytics Lead – Microsoft
Mark has a passion for software and technology. He started his career in Online Marketing in 1998 after graduating from an Industrial Design degree at UNSW. He started out in the trenches as a HTML programmer/web designer then climbed the ranks to become the Online Marketing Manager overseeing the entire global CMS & reporting platform for a software company called Citect. In 2006 he moved on to much bigger sites with Australia’s leading publisher, Fairfax Digital. As Search Marketing Analyst in the media business group, he was the in-house SEO and was involved with PPC for smh.com.au, theage.com.au (just to name a few). In 2008 he joined Microsoft to head up web analytics as part of the newly formed Digital Marketing Group. Mark has developed processes to help with