We are looking to fill a couple of intern roles with a January start date. We will have a position in Sydney and one in the ACT! If you have less than one years work experience and have recently graduated have a look at the following profiles and apply on - line, attention Larissa Reyes email@example.com.
.Net Developer - Sydney
The overall purpose of this position is to encourage the acquisition of technical, developer and testing skills with particular reference to Microsoft technology and solutions. To this end, the intern will be required to:
· Learn and understand .NET technology
· Assist with web and application development for Microsoft IT.
· Build internal applications for Microsoft IT.
· Develop and run automated test suites.
· Run up and install software on test systems.
· Manage the application build process.
· Competent developer - skills in C#, VB, HTML, SQL Server and ASP.
· General familiarity with contemporary project management methods
· Technical ability to build servers using MS technologies and configure basic web sites
(these are standard intern competencies)
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate proficiency in the following areas:
· Problem Solving
· Creativity in relation to idea development, and approaches to unusual or difficult situations or problems.
· Drive for Results
· Action Orientation
· Self Development
· Communication and Interpersonal Skills
· Technical passion
A suitable candidate would come from the following:
· Computer Science Faculty - Undertaking or about to complete a degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or ecommerce, or
· Business/Commerce Faculty – Undertaking or about to complete a business-oriented degree with a major information technology component
It is anticipated that the suitable candidate would have a varied range of interests and activities. Further, that their academic results in key subjects are at a very high standard.
Microsoft Job Description
Group and Job Purpose
Description of Purpose
ACT Enterprise Sales – Public Sector
Provide pre-sales technology support to the ACT Public Sector Account Team
Primary Job Functions
Estimated Annual % of Time
Assist with the management and operation of the test lab equipment
Configure and present technology demonstrations and proofs of concept
Assist Account Teams with planning and execution of account goals
Respond to customer and account team technology enquiries
Undertake Microsoft Certification training
Liaise with national pre-sales team
Role in Business Process
Role in Business Process
Description of Role/Responsibility
This position has impact across the whole ACT Branch customer set
The key decision-making area is to prioritise use of own time. Will normally work under direction of one of the Account Technology Specialists, but may on occasion have multiple tasks that must be completed concurrently. May be required to make decisions in respect of building customer presentations, demonstrations and proofs of concept.
Strategy and Development
No strategic role. Will normally work under the direction of the Account Technology Specialists in the ACT Branch.
There are well-established procedures in the technology pre-sales community for giving customer demonstrations, presentations and proofs of concept. Key procedures are provided by TAN and TSPPortal
No people management requirements
Direct daily liaison with the Account Team and the National Pre-sales Team.
Occasional liaison with the partner team.
Daily liaison with customer contacts
Position relies on the Account Technology Specialists and Account Managers in the ACT Branch Office.
No fiscal responsibility.
Description of What’s Needed
1-3 years related experience can be in an academic environment.
High School plus commenced Bachelor’s Degree, TAFE qualification or similar
Field of Study (if applicable): Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, degree or similar with computing major
Professional Training and Certification
The position requires someone who is either a recent graduate or is well progressed in his or her studies and is either willing to study part time or defer for 12 months.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
To be successful in this role the occupant will need:
· Initiative and ability to learn quickly
· Demonstrated written and oral communication and presentation skills
· Ability to develop professional working relationships with peers, partners and customers
· Basic Familiarity with core Microsoft server technologies including Windows Server, Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server
· Proficient with Microsoft Office and other desktop tools
· Demonstrated ability to configure demonstration environments
· Working knowledge of x86 hardware
Have a look here for more information on the Microsoft Intern program.