[Update: The source code has been updated to Visual Studio 2017 and DocumentFormat.OpenXml 2.8.1. You can download the code from GitHub.]
This is the fourth part of this series. The code is available for download at http://worddocgenerator.codeplex.com/.
In Part 1 I discussed about
- Document generation using Content Controls and Open XML 2.0 SDK
- Creating Word templates
- Implementation and Samples
In Part 2 I discussed about
- List of functionalities that can be achieved using the utility/source code
- Description regarding Samples provided with utility
- New samples added in this update
In Part 3 I discussed about
- Document-level customizations for Word 2007 and Word 2010
- One of the ways to “Refresh the document from within the Word(e.g. right click on document and click Refresh) using document-level customizations for Word 2007 and Word 2010“
This post will focus on Charts. I’ve added the samples to generate/refresh charts using OpenXML. The screenshot below displays the template having Scatter chart and Line chart and the document generated out of this template using this utility.
Word 2010 Template having Charts –> Generated documents with Charts refreshed:
Class diagram for Chart specific classes is displayed below
“SampleDocumentWithTableAndChartsGenerator” is the sample that shows how to refresh template having Scatter and Line charts. The code snippets are displayed below
- “RefreshCharts” method is added to DocumentGenerator class
- “SampleDocumentWithTableAndChartsGenerator” class overrides “RefreshCharts” method
- Refresh method is defined in ChartEx<T>
For complete code download the source code.
Please provide feedback/comments and I’ll try to incorporate most of them in new releases.