The XNA Game Studio 3.1 Zune Extensions was posted on the Microsoft Download Center today. This product can be installed on a system that has XNA Game Studio 3.1 installed, and it adds the following functionality to the XNA Game Studio 3.1 product:
- The ability to develop and deploy games to the new Zune HD media player using XNA Game Studio 3.1.
- New touch APIs to the XNA Framework for use on the Zune HD.
- New accelerometer APIs to the XNA Framework for use on the Zune HD.
- New documentation and samples that demonstrate how to use the new touch and accelerometer APIs.
- A new tutorial demonstrating how to add support for the new touch APIs to the Platformer starter kit that ships with XNA Game Studio 3.1.
Here are a couple of links to help you get started installing and using the XNA Game Studio 3.1 Zune Extensions:
- Download location - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=48f7ba37-8ba7-4d16-8873-0b7f83ef77f9
- Creators Club forum post - http://forums.xna.com/forums/p/38975/226669.aspx