As announced in this forum post, there is some new sample content available on the XNA Creators Club site to help you get started creating games in XNA Game Studio 3.1 that take advantage of the new Xbox LIVE Avatar development features. Here is a quick summary of the new content:
- Avatar Animation Blending Sample – http://creators.xna.com/samples/avataranimationblending; this sample demonstrates how to blend between 2 Avatar animations over a period of time to avoid the appearance of snapping from one animation to the next
- Avatar Multiple Animations Sample – http://creators.xna.com/samples/avatarmultipleanimations; this sample demonstrates how to play 2 of the built-in Avatar animations at the same time
- Avatar usage guidelines – http://creators.xna.com/article/avataruse; this information will be a part of peer review once XNA Game Studio 3.1 games can be submitted for play testing and peer review in late July 2009
I also encourage you to check out the following links for more details about using Avatars in your XNA Game Studio 3.1 game:
- Dean Johnson’s blog – http://blogs.msdn.com/dejohn/; Dean is the developer who implemented Avatar support in XNA Game Studio 3.1
- Ziggyware tutorial – http://www.ziggyware.com/readarticle.php?article_id=270; this post is a great introduction to rendering Avatars in XNA Game Studio 3.1
Make sure to keep an eye out for additional content on the XNA Creators Club site in the near future as well.