A new cumulative update package for Windows Vista Media Center has been released this week. This update is called the June 2008 Cumulative Update for Media Center for Windows Vista and is also known as KB950126. It is available for download in x86 and x64 versions. It can be installed on systems running the original version of Windows Vista Home Premium or Ultimate Editions and the SP1 version of Windows Vista Home Premium or Ultimate Editions.
The June 2008 Cumulative Update includes the following fixes:
- All of the fixes previously included in the February 2008 Cumulative Update
- Improvements to the TV recording experience on systems that use analog tuners, do not have a set-top box and do not have any digital tuners installed.
- Blank screen that can occur when you switch between full-screen mode and windowed mode while playing a video.
- Empty removable media devices may be displayed in galleries (this issue was introduced in Windows Vista SP1 and only affects those systems).
- Client ID may not be set correctly if you use the Express setup option when launching Windows Vista Media Center.
- Memory leak in extender sessions.
- Updated frequency table for China.
- Channel names in Simplified Chinese are shown as unrecognizable characters.
Here are some links for the June 2008 Cumulative Update:
- Knowledge base article - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950126
- Download location for x86 package - http://download.microsoft.com/download/5/8/a/58a924bc-901a-453c-b5d7-32c49b32633a/Windows6.0-KB950126-x86.msu
- Download location for x64 package - http://download.microsoft.com/download/6/7/5/6752f678-3f4b-4738-8588-3f983c91f4ac/Windows6.0-KB950126-x64.msu