Jeff Beehler posted an item on his blog today announcing the availability of the Visual Studio Team System Code Name “Rosario” November CTP for download. The introductory page for this CTP can be found at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?LinkID=96097.
This introductory page contains a bullet point with the following information:
Integrated support to build setup packages using Windows Installer XML technology.
More information about WiX in the Rosario November 2007 CTP
Rob Mensching posted an in-depth description on his blog in question and answer format with some background information about how it came about that WiX is being integrated into Visual Studio, what the planned scope of WiX support is in the Rosario release, and how the WiX bits in Rosario compare to the community WiX bits available on SourceForge.
There is some initial documentation regarding WiX in Rosario at http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/teamsystem/bb879916.aspx, and a link to the Rosario November 2007 CTP version of the WiX documentation at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=101532.
One note about the link to the WiX documentation – downloading this CHM file on a non-Windows Server 2003 system will cause all of the content to appear blank by default. You can use the following steps to work around this issue:
- Go to the link at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=101532 and save the file to your hard drive
- Go to the location where you saved the CHM file to in step 1, right-click on it and choose Properties
- In the General tab, click the Unblock button
- Click OK to dismiss the Properties dialog
- Double-click on the file and it will now open and the contents will display correctly
More information about the Rosario November 2007 CTP
The following links contain more detailed information about the Rosario November 2007 CTP:
- Visual Studio Team System Code Name Rosario November 2007 CTP VPC image – http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=7825832
- Visual Studio Team System Code Name Rosario November 2007 CTP introductory white paper –
- Visual Studio Team System Code Name Rosario November 2007 CTP documentation – http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=7825833
- Visual Studio Team System Code Name “Rosario” MSDN Forum – http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=1736&SiteID=1
Here are some other useful links for Visual Studio Team System codename Rosario:
- List of Visual Studio Team System blogs – http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/teamsystem/aa718761.aspx
- Jeff Beehler’s blog – http://blogs.msdn.com/jeffbe/
- Visual Studio Team System Code Name Rosario specifications – http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/teamsystem/bb936702.aspx