I recently found an online version of the deployment readme for the .NET Framework 3.0 and I wanted to post a link here to try to make it easier to find in web searches.
You can find the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 Deployment Readme at http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa480217.aspx. It includes the following topics:
- Steps to run administrator mode setup
- Prerequisites for deploying .NET Framework 3.0
- Steps to deploy .NET Framework 3.0 child components using Active Directory
- How to redeploy and remove packages using Active Directory
- Specifying Watson error reporting settings for .NET Framework 3.0 setup
- .NET Framework 3.0 log file locations (I also posted more details about .NET Framework 3.0 log files in this blog post)
One of the most useful sections of this document (in my opinion) is the table in section 3.2 that lists the command line parameters that can be used to perform silent installations of each of the child packages that make up the .NET Framework 3.0.