Possible cause of 1935 error with HRESULT 0x80070002

I was helping investigate a .NET Framework installation failure last week that turned out to have an interesting root cause, so I wanted to pass along the information I learned.  The .NET Framework was failing with a 1935 error, and the HRESULT value was 0x80070002.  In general this HRESULT means “the system cannot find the file specified” – and since the .NET Framework is packaged up in a single self-extracting package, it is nearly impossible to get this particular HRESULT during setup.

One of the developers investigated a similar issue and found that this particular HRESULT can be caused by a certain type of adware running on the machine.  If you launch Task Manager and then look at the Processes tab, take a look for a process named wtoolsa.exe.  If this process is running, you will need to clean off this adware (for example by following the suggestions at this site).

One note – the machine that I looked at that was infected with this adware was pretty difficult to clean up.  It relaunched itself when I killed the process, it replaced entries in the Run and RunOnce keys when I deleted them.  I didn’t get a chance to try all of the recommended steps in the article I linked to, but I’m guessing there are some more aggressive tactics you could take to rip it off your machine.

Hopefully this will help some of you solve installation issues for the .NET Framework and other products that fail with 1935 errors with HRESULT 0x80070002.

1. Adi Oltean says:

In general, 0x80070002 stands for HRESULT_FROM_WIN32(ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND). This error is returned whenever an app tries to do a certain file-related operation, like opening a file, and the file is not there.

The error can be caused by a variety of reasons:

1) Another application deletes the file while our application tries to open this file

2) Some driver in the file system stack intercepts a CreateFile/ReadFile etc and translates the error code to "file not found" etc.

2. One option would be to right-click the file in the file system, and change the options in the security tab to deny "read and execute". If you kill it, it cannot restart itself.

3. Fedex says:

Unload Ad-Watch and install MSN 7.0 without any problem

Fedex

4. Mike says:

As the last person stated, unload Lavasoft Ad-Watch (or similar detection software) before installation and everything should go smoothly.

5. Ricky Medley says:

This seems to be MSI installation software version to adware or ad removing software. The original post discusses actual adware. Other following posts discuss the adware removing programs.

My situation revealed problems not with Ad-Aware (which was installed) nor adware, but with WebRoot Spy Sweeper software and a Microstation v8.05 MSI installation software created with InstallShield.

Ad-Aware remained on the machine, and WebRoot Spy Sweeper softare was removed. Install occurred as normal.

6. kerry says:

hi why cant i download MSN beta with this error

7. Hi Kerry, have you tried all of the suggestions in this blog article from myself and others who have posted? I would suggest trying these first because there is a lot of different adware/spyware and also adware/spyware blocking software that can cause this error. Please let me know if you have already tried these and not had any luck.

8. Jsill says:

I had to wipe clean my hard drive to get rid of this problem. It occurred after I ran Webroot Spy Sweeper a few times and uninstalling the program didn’t work.

9. Harald says:

I got this error (1935 – Hresult 0x80070002)installing the Veritas BackupExec remote admin console. Disabling Webroot Spysweeper (2) services allows you to correctly install Veritas Backup Exec remote administration console.

10. Ever since I published my blog post describing 1935 errors in more detail, I have been contacted by customers…

11. Rob says:

None of these solutions worked.

BUT! creating a new Windows account and installing whilst logged into that DID work.

Now I need a cigarette.

12. I was contacted by a customer this week who could not install the .NET Framework 1.1 due to a 1935 error…

13. I was contacted by a customer this week who could not install the .NET Framework 1.1 due to a 1935 error…

14.

Deciphering specific HRESULT values

HRESULT 0x80070002 and 0x80070003

HRESULT 0x80070005…

15. Bode says:

You resolved my problem of installing Veritas Backup Exec 10.1 (10d) on a Windows Server 2003 Small Business Edition (SBE). After 2 failed installations with the same error code 1935 … HRESULT: 0x80070002. All I had to to was stop the antispyware and the antivirus software.

We get used to the same old scenery and forget easy steps like this.

16. Marekraczynski@aol.com says:

I cannot install psp xploder software to my pc as this error occurs… the company hasn’t even bothered to reply to my e-mail and i am really stuck. any ideas? please :)Marek

17. Hi Marekraczynski – If you haven’t already, can you please try the workarounds listed in this blog post and in the comments posted by the other customers who have replied to this post and see if any of them help here?

Hopefully this will help!

18. gordon Jackson says:

I am getting error 1935 with Hresult 0x80070003 when trying to install Veritas backup exec 9.1 There is no anti virus on the box nor any anti spyware at all and terminal services is disabled. I tried running the Veritas Up[date istall setup.exe as per Symantec article 259027 but that fails also.

any ideas,

thanks

gordon

19. gordon Jackson says:

any ideas,

thanks

gordon

20. Hi Gordon – If you haven’t already, can you please try the other workarounds listed in this blog post and in the comments posted by the other customers who have replied to this post and see if any of them help here?

21. ronny says:

so wat should i do to solve dis problem

22. Hi Ronny – there are several workarounds and fixes for this error listed by myself and by other customers who have run into it.  Please take a look at all of the content above in this blog post and try out those workarounds and see if they help in your scenario.

23. MRx says:

Just a thank you note. I was attempting a Microstation v8 install on an XP workstation with SpySweeper. Error message and Bentley’s support site pointed at the "Microsoft Redistributable System Files" installer. Playing with that led me to Microsoft.MSXML2 and error 1935. The Bentley help wasn’t as helpful as it might have been, but your blog did the trick, both pointing me at HRESULT 0x80070002 and SpySweeper. I disabled SpySweeper, and the install went smoothly from there.

24. Sathiya (s_vasanthi@yahoo.com) says:

Here is the content of the verbose file that you asked and also full text of the error message

Error 1935.An error occurred during the installation of assembly ‘Microsoft.MSXML2,publicKeyToken="6bd6b9abf345378f",version="4.1.0.0",type="win32",processorArchitecture="x86"’. Please refer to Help and Support for more information. HRESULT: 0x80071A30. assembly interface: IAssemblyCacheItem, function: Commit, component: {303994BA-6487-47AE-AF1D-7AF6088EEBDB}

=== Logging stopped: 5/1/2006  12:00:25 ===

25. Hi Sathiya – This could be a bug with the 5308 build of Windows Vista.  I would suggest reporting this as a bug on the Windows Vista beta site so that this can be investigated further.  Does this error only occur when installing your .NET components, or does it happen when installing any managed code products on your system?  For example, can you install Visual Studio 2005 without getting this error?

26. Eric Tietz says:

I’ve tried everything in this blog, but still get the following when installing dotNet11.

Error 1935.An error occurred during the installation of assembly ‘Microsoft.Vsa.Vb.CodeDOMProcessor,Version="7.0.5000.0",PublicKeyToke

n="b03f5f11d50a3a",Culture="neutral",FileVersion="7.10.3052.4". Please refer to Help and Support for more information. HRESULT: 0x80070003.

Any other suggestions?

Any help is much appreciated.

Eric

27. Hi Eric – If you have tried all of the suggestions from myself and other customers on this blog post, I am not sure what else to have you try.  You are entitled to a free technical support case for .NET Framework setup-related issues, so I suggest contacting Microsoft technical support for more in-depth troubleshooting assistance.

28. Eric Tietz says:

Resultion.

For any interested, I called Microsoft, and it was determined that the ‘assembly’ folder had problems.  A simply renaming of the assembly folder (C:WindowsAssembly) permitted the successful installation of .NET 1.1

29. Greghar says:

Awesome, thanks for the help!!

30. chen79120 says:

Hi, could you please help me on this ?

below is what I get based on workaround your suggestions.

Thanks a lot for your kind help !

Error 1935.An error occurred during the installation of assembly ‘Microsoft.MSXML2,publicKeyToken="6bd6b9abf345378f",version="4.1.0.0",type="win32",processorArchitecture="x86"’. Please refer to Help and Support for more information. HRESULT: 0x80070005. assembly interface: IAssemblyCache, function: CreateAssemblyCacheItem, component: {303994BA-6487-47AE-AF1D-7AF6088EEBDB}

=== Logging stopped: 8/12/2006  22:16:35 ===

=== Logging stopped: 8/12/2006  23:32:47 ===

=== Logging stopped: 8/12/2006  23:31:05 ===

=== Logging stopped: 8/12/2006  21:40:28 ===

=== Logging stopped: 8/12/2006  22:00:41 ===

=== Logging stopped: 8/12/2006  22:08:04 ===

31. Hi Chen79120 – The HRESULT value you are seeing (0x80070005) means "access is denied."  This seems like a permission issue on your system.  Can you please try to use the SubInAcl tool that I described at http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2005/08/09/449720.aspx to try to solve this issue?

32. Details about the .NET Framework 2.0 setup packaging Available command line switches for .NET Framework

33. zuk123 says:

Hooray!! Renaming the Assemblies folder did it for me.  This post would have saved me and my wife 3 days of effort.  I have been unable to successfully install .net 1.1 on this machine for months.  It was never an issue, and 2.0 installed no problem.  HOWEVER, while trying to install a new HP photosmart c 6100 all in one printer and the software that came with it, the install kept failing during the .net install.  Both HP and MS techsupport ran out of ideas after kill and reinstall .net.

1.1 installed the first time after renaming Assemblies.  I’m updating the 1.1 service pack, and hopefully will have my printer fully functional soon.

Thanks,

z

34. Kgmor1 says:

I was trying to install Microsoft Flight Simulator X and was receiving Error 1935 with HRESULT ox80070002.  After reading the posts I used task manager to end processes for Lavasoft Ad-Ware SE Plus. Microsoft tech Support pointed me to this and it worked.

35. evish says:

thanks guys.

I get the 0x80070005 not 0x80070002.

Renaming of the c;windowsassembly helped to fix the issue.

36. Hi Evish – Error code 0x80070005 means "access denied" and that is typically caused by permissions being set incorrectly on the files, folders or registry on the system.  I’ve got a couple of other blog posts that specifically talk about that type of error:

37. Paulalorla says:

Thanks for the help guys after reading through and  trying your options I finally discovered my  0x80070002 problem was with the oembios.bin file.  After copy and pasting from my other computer the problem was fixed. Hope this can help someone else.

Cheers

Paula

38. Paul says:

Hi,

I am running Windows Vista.

I renamed the assembly folder in C:Windows, then I installed Framework 2.0 and 3.0, but could not install 3.5. I am getting the follwoing error:-

[07/10/10,22:12:20] Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 'package': [2] Error: Installation failed for component Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 'package'. MSI returned error code 1603

[07/10/10,22:12:39] WapUI: [2] DepCheck indicates Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 'package' is not installed.

[07/10/10,22:37:08] Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 'package': [2] Error: Installation failed for component Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 'package'. MSI returned error code 1603

[07/10/10,22:37:22] WapUI: [2] DepCheck indicates Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 'package' is not installed.

[07/11/10,01:06:52] Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 'package': [2] Error: Installation failed for component Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 'package'. MSI returned error code 1603

[07/11/10,01:07:14] WapUI: [2] DepCheck indicates Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 'package' is not installed.

[07/11/10,12:16:56] Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 'package': [2] Error: Installation failed for component Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 'package'. MSI returned error code 1601

[07/11/10,12:17:10] WapUI: [2] DepCheck indicates Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 'package' is not installed.

[07/11/10,12:21:02] Windows Installer Patch Registration Fix for .NET Framework 3.5 (x86): [2] dlmgr: dlmgr::CDownloadJobURLMonImpl::Failed:  URLMonError: Download failure (0x800c0005)

[07/11/10,12:21:03] Windows Installer Patch Registration Fix for .NET Framework 3.5 (x86): [2] dlmgr: dlmgr::CDownloadJobURLMonImpl::Failed:  URLMonError: Download failure (0x800c0005)

[07/11/10,12:21:04] Windows Installer Patch Registration Fix for .NET Framework 3.5 (x86): [2] dlmgr: dlmgr::CDownloadJobURLMonImpl::Failed:  URLMonError: Download failure (0x800c0005)

[07/11/10,12:21:04] Windows Installer Patch Registration Fix for .NET Framework 3.5 (x86): [2] dlmgr: dlmgr::JobBase::Retry:  all retries failed

[07/11/10,12:21:05] Windows Installer Patch Registration Fix for .NET Framework 3.5 (x86): [2] Failed to fetch setup file in CBaseComponent::PreInstall()

[07/11/10,12:21:05] setup.exe: [2] ISetupComponent::Pre/Post/Install() failed in ISetupManager::InternalInstallManager() with HRESULT -2147467260.

[07/11/10,12:21:05] setup.exe: [2] CSetupManager::RunInstallPhase() – Call to Pre/Install/Post for InstallComponents failed

[07/11/10,12:21:05] setup.exe: [2] CSetupManager::RunInstallPhaseAndCheckResults() – RunInstallPhase() returned a NULL piActionResults

[07/11/10,12:21:05] setup.exe: [2] CSetupManager::RunInstallFromList() – RunInstallPhaseAndCheckResults failed [2]

[07/11/10,12:21:05] setup.exe: [2] ISetupManager::RunInstallLists(IP_PREINSTALL failed in ISetupManager::RunInstallFromThread()

[07/11/10,12:21:05] setup.exe: [2] ISetupManager::RunInstallFromThread() failed in ISetupManager::RunInstall()

[07/11/10,12:21:05] setup.exe: [2] CSetupManager::Run() – Call to RunInstall() failed

[07/11/10,12:21:06] WapUI: [2] DepCheck indicates Windows Installer Patch Registration Fix for .NET Framework 3.5 (x86) is not installed.

[07/11/10,12:21:06] WapUI: [2] DepCheck indicates Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 'package' was not attempted to be installed.

[07/11/10,12:23:17] Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 'package': [2] Error: Installation failed for component Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 'package'. MSI returned error code 1601

[07/11/10,12:23:30] WapUI: [2] DepCheck indicates Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 'package' is not installed.

[07/13/10,21:23:23] Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 'package': [2] Error: Installation failed for component Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 'package'. MSI returned error code 1603

[07/13/10,21:23:40] WapUI: [2] DepCheck indicates Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 'package' is not installed.

[07/13/10,22:03:21] Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 'package': [2] Error: Installation failed for component Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 'package'. MSI returned error code 1603

[07/13/10,22:03:43] WapUI: [2] DepCheck indicates Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 'package' is not installed.

Can anyone help me please?

39. Hi Paul – The .NET Framework 2.0 and 3.0 come as a part of the OS on Windows Vista, so you should never rename the c:windowsassembly folder on this OS because the only way to get the .NET Framework assemblies to be re-installed is to repair your OS.

For the .NET Framework 3.5 installation error, can you please use the tool described at blogs.msdn.com/…/6458047.aspx to gather all of your .NET Framework setup log files, then post the file %temp%vslogs.cab that is produced by this tool to a file server (such as http://skydrive.live.com), then reply here with a link I can use to download the log files in order to investigate further?

40. elbriga says:

Hi, I'm trying to install Itunes on my computer, n got the HRESULT: 0x80070002 error during the installation. I succeed to run Itunes anyway, but its always the itunes 32 (I don't know why), so it doesnt recognize my Ipod.

My computer is brand new so I don't see where this could come from. I tried renaming assembly file, i din't help, mabe i got something wrong? please help!

41. Hi Elbriga – What is the exact assembly that is returning this error when you try to install iTunes, and what version of Windows are you seeing this on?  There are some troubleshooting steps that differ depending on whether it is a .NET assembly or a Win32 assembly and depending on what version of Windows the error appears on.

42. LuisRaul says:

I am trying to install Office 2010 on a Windows Vista SvcPck 2 64-bit and receive the error 1935 error with HRESULT 0x80070002.  I also can't run the Windows Update due to error 0X80070002, have tried the Windows Update Readines Tool without success.

43. Hi LuisRaul – I usually suggest steps like the ones at the end of the post at blogs.msdn.com/…/9303167.aspx for this type of issue on Windows Vista.  If that doesn't help, then you may need to try to repair Windows to solve this.

44. Luke says:

Hi, I've been trying to install Painter XI on Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit and I get: "Error 1935.An error occurred during the installation of assembly component {76C3F0F6-9B9D-35DA-81C6-CA8A88CC93CA} HRESULT: 0x80070002." I've tried disabling my anti-virus and firewall and I'm not aware of any adware on my machine. Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks.

45. Hi Luke – The assembly listed in your error message is a Visual C++ runtime file, which is a Win32 assembly.  On Windows Vista and higher, the installation of Win32 assemblies is done by the same engine that installs OS updates, and any bug that can cause OS updates to fail to install correctly will also cause Win32 assemblies to fail to install.  The steps I usually use for 1935 errors on Windows Vista and higher that are caused by Win32 assemblies are listed at blogs.msdn.com/…/9904471.aspx, so I'd suggest taking a look at the information and links there to see if any of them help in your scenario.

46. Luke says:

Thanks so much for the help. So here's the situation now.

cbs.log contains no information past 2010-5-17. I think that's weird. It does have several lines with that hresult that look like this:

2010-05-12 19:41:52, Info                  CBS    SQM: Warning: Failed to get machine name. The data won't be available. [HRESULT = 0x80070002 – ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND]

2010-05-12 19:41:52, Info                  CBS    SQM: Warning: Failed to get domain name. The data won't be available. [HRESULT = 0x80070002 – ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND]

System Update Readiness Tool found no problems.

WindowsUpdate.log has a few FATAL entries that look like this:

2010-08-06 13:04:08:200 1012 868 Handler FATAL: UH: 0x80070002: StartSession failed in CCbs::IsCbsPending

…and are preceded several lines up by a bunch of these (some with different hr values and assemblies):

2010-08-06 09:38:33:468 1000 cb4 Agent WARNING: Failed to evaluate Installed rule, updateId = {17A15CF7-CD76-47DE-9E02-E5E9F9E198D2}.100, hr = 80070002

2010-08-06 09:38:33:469 1000 cb4 Agent WARNING: Failed to evaluate Installable rule, updateId = {17A15CF7-CD76-47DE-9E02-E5E9F9E198D2}.100, hr = 80070002

…which I think from the FATAL entry means it's a CBS problem but again, that log doesn't have anything past May.

I have no idea where to go from here, any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

47. Hi Luke – I'd suggest trying the System Update Readiness tool and the steps listed at the end of the blog post at blogs.msdn.com/…/9303167.aspx.  If those steps don't help, then I'm not sure what else to suggest other than to try to repair Windows on your computer.

48. Luke says:

I followed the steps on that post, and my Windows Features list is in fact black, but the System Update Readiness tool finds no errors:

=================================

Checking System Update Readiness.

Binary Version 6.1.7600.20667

Package Version 8.0

2010-08-23 17:05

Checking Windows Servicing Packages

Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs

Checking Package Watchlist

Checking Component Watchlist

Checking Packages

Checking Component Store

Summary:

Seconds executed: 238

No errors detected

Customer Experience report successfully uploaded.  Thank you for participating.  For more information, see the Microsoft Customer Experience Improvement Program on the Microsoft web site.

49. Hi Luke – If your Windows Features control panel is blank, then there is definitely something wrong with the OS component store on your computer.  However, if the System Update Readiness Tool is not reporting any errors, then I'm not sure how best to fix this type of problem.  You might need to try to repair Windows to solve this type of problem.  I'm sorry that I haven't been able to be more helpful in this scenario.

50. Tom says:

Hello astebner,

I tried everything but It still doesn't work.

I wanted to install Itunes on my Notebook but while installing I get the following message:

An error occurred during the installation os assembly

'Microsoft.VC80.CRT,version="8.0.50727.4053",type="win32",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",processorArchitecture="x86".

Please refer to Help and Support for more information. HRESULT: 0x80070002

I'm running Windows 7 and have to use the 64bit version.

I also tried to install Windows OS updates but Nothing worked 🙁

Tried different things for 6 hours now and I'm still getting the same error message.

could you please help me?

51. Hi Tom – I'm sorry for the hassles you're running into with this issue.  I'm not sure exactly what you've tried yet, but what I typically suggest for this type of error for VC runtime files on Windows Vista and higher is the tool and the steps listed at the end of the blog post at blogs.msdn.com/…/9303167.aspx.

If that doesn't help or if you've already tried it, then I'm not sure what else to suggest.  You may need to either contact Microsoft Technical Support for more detailed debugging assistance (http://support.microsoft.com) or you may need to try to repair/re-install Windows.

52. talanaa2 says:

Hi.  I get this error when installing MS Publisher 2007 so I purchased MS Publisher 2010 and it is the same error

Microsoft Publisher 2010 encountered an error during setup.

Error 1935. An error occurred during the installation of assembly component

{89EDD3A9-944B-3257-8484-D6EB6A00DDF5}. HRESULT: 0x80070002

I had my hard drive replaced earlier this year and the 2007 had been installed on my old drive and it worked great.

Thanks so much

53. talanaa2 says:

I forgot; it is a Vista system with all current updates.

54. Hi Talanaa2 – If you're running into HRESULT 0x80070002 on Windows Vista or higher, then I'd suggest trying the System Update Readiness Tool and the steps listed at the end of the blog post at blogs.msdn.com/…/9303167.aspx.  Hopefully this will help on your computer.

55. elbriga says:

hi, here's the error I got

An error occurred during installation of assembly

'Microsoft.VC80.CRT,version="8.0.50727.4053",type=

"win32",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",process

orArchitecture='x86'. Please refer to Help and

Support for more information. HRESULT: 0x80070002

thanks for help

56. Hi Elbriga – It depends on what OS you are seeing this error on.  If it is on Windows Vista or higher, then I'd suggest looking at the troubleshooting steps that I described at blogs.msdn.com/…/9904471.aspx.  Specifically, the System Update Readiness Tool can be helpful for solving errors with HRESULT 0x80070002 on Windows Vista and higher.

57. elbriga says:

hello after a while ive been looking at the links and i just cant understand them n i really dont know what to do because i cant install any of the stuff i need, itunes, google sketch up or even games, and i found that i need to install the Microsoft visual C++ thing but… the same error occurs when i want to install it! thank your for your help

58. Hi Elbriga – Did you try the System Update Readiness Tool yet?  That link was not specifically listed in the blog post I linked to in my last reply, but it was in one of the other blog posts linked from that blog post.  Here is a direct link to the tool – support.microsoft.com/…/947821.

If that tool doesn't help, then you might need to try to repair your OS to solve this type of error.  You could also try to contact Microsoft technical support for more in-depth troubleshooting assistance in this scenario.  You can find contact information for them at http://support.microsoft.com.

59. fesal says:

Error 1935 – An error occurred during installation assembly.

component (74FD3CE6-2A8D-OEGC-A01F-C88389A1E18E)

HRESULT: 0x800736FD.

could you please help me?

60. Hi Fesal – This HRESULT most likely means that there is something wrong with Windows.  I'd suggest the following to see if they help solve this type of error:

1.  Install the latest service pack for the version of Windows that you have on your computer.

2.  Use the System Update Readiness Tool and the steps listed at blogs.msdn.com/…/9303167.aspx to repair your Windows component store.

3.  Use the steps listed at blogs.msdn.com/…/how-to-repair-the-net-framework-2-0-and-3-0-on-windows-vista.aspx to repair the files that are a part of Windows.

If none of the above are useful, then you will likely need to repair/re-install Windows to solve this type of error.

61. Fons says:

Bonjour, en voulant installer Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2, ce message d'erreur apparaît à la moitié du chargement :

TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Setup

——————————

The following error has occurred:

An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'Microsoft.VC80.ATL,version="8.0.50727.4053",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",processorArchitecture="x86",type="win32"'. Please refer to Help and Support for more information. HRESULT: 0x80070308.

For help, click: go.microsoft.com/fwlink

——————————

BUTTONS:

OK

——————————

Et maintenant… il n'ya plus de messages sa me met Microsoft SQL Server a cessé de fonctionner aider moi svp !

62. Hi Fons – This type of error from the VC runtime files usually means that there is something wrong with the OS update installation engine that is a part of Windows.  I usually suggest the following in this scenario:

1.  Try running the System Update Readiness Tool from support.microsoft.com/…/947821.

2.  Try running SFC /scannow from an elevated cmd prompt.  There are steps that you can use to do that at blogs.msdn.com/…/how-to-repair-the-net-framework-2-0-and-3-0-on-windows-vista.aspx.

3.  If neither of the above work, you'll likely need to repair/re-install Windows to solve this problem.

63. Bart says:

While installing Exchange 2010 SP2 i got the error 1603 with additional error code 0x80070003.

The component it was trying to install was microsoft.vc90.atl, this is the VC++ 2008 redistributable.

I downloaded the redistributable and while installing that i failed with the same error message.

Loaded up procmon from systinternals and that pointed out that the setup could not find two folder in the windowswinsxs folder. One folder specific to the forementioned assembly and the "installtemp" folder.

Based on the information in the procmon output i manually created those folders and setup now worked.

64. Filipp says:

я Начал скачивать Nfsworld когда я его скачал у меня  влезло обновление  но следом за ним вылезла ошибка система не может найти HRESULT 0x80070002 файл подскажите делать

65. Hi Filipp – I'm not sure what the cause of this error is.  If you're trying to install an update to a program, then I'd suggest trying to uninstall the original program and re-installing it, then try again to install the update to see if that helps.

66. Glyn says:

I found updating Java then uninstalling the older version sorted the problem for me