Just a quick post to make you aware of a feature in IE7 that is not going to be included in IE 8. This pertains to the options IE7 provides you when closing out a multi-tabbed IE process. These check box options are available when unhidden:
So with the, “Open these the next time I use Internet Explorer” checked, IE7 keeps track of the currently open tabs and will then re-open them when the IE is re-opened. This option, however, is not included with IE8. However, a similar option is available in IE8 – see details below:
Open tabs you’ve previously closed
If you close one or more tabs during a browsing session, or close a browsing session entirely—either accidentally or on purpose—you can now use Internet Explorer 8 to reopen the tabs or browsing session that you closed.
To reopen the tabs you closed during your current browsing session
- In Internet Explorer, click the New Tab button:
- On the new tab page, under Reopen closed tabs, find and click the address for the webpage that you want to open:
- If you have changed the new tab page to your home page, you can type about:tabs in the Address bar to view the new tab page.
- Internet Explorer only keeps track of history and form data for tabs that you close during your current browsing session. If you close tabs, and then end your browsing session by closing the browser, you won’t be able to reopen those tabs. You can reopen that browsing session, but it will only display the tabs that were open when you closed the browser.
To re-open the last browsing session you closed
When you close Internet Explorer and end your browsing session, it keeps track of the web pages that you had open at the time. As a result, when you open a new browsing session, you can reopen the web pages that were open during your previous browsing session. Follow these steps to reopen your last browsing session:
- In Internet Explorer, click the Tools button.
- Click Reopen Last Browsing Session. All the web pages that you had open when Internet Explorer was last closed will open in new tabs:
- You can also reopen the last browsing session from the new tab page:
Well, that’s about it. As always, we hope this information for was friendly and informative!
The IE Team