We know that Internet Explorer Maintenance (IEM) has been removed from IE10.
Client machine with IE10+ installed cannot get the content configured in IEM from DC GPO.
Here is official reference:
Target & Suggestions
Customer used to apply “Favorites and Links” via GPO by IE Maintenance. Now the question is: How to apply “Favorites and Links” for IE10/IE11 clients from Windows 2008 R2 DC since IEM NOT working in IE10/IE11?
Steps for add Favorites from “Preferences -> Windows Settings -> Shortcuts”:
1. Open Group Policy Management by “gpmc” command on DC and enter into Editor for Domain Policy that you want to edit.
2. Choose path from “User Configuration-> Preferences -> Windows Settings -> Shortcuts”, and create a new shortcut:
3. Please input name in “Name”, select “URL” in ”Target type:”, select “Explorer Favorites” in “Location”, input url you expect in “Target URL”, such as www.bing.com:
4. Below picture shows the result after finishing configuration:
5. Run “gpupdate /force” on client machine, IE can get Favorites setting as expected.
Note: The method above which set Favorites can be used for IE6 to IE11 on Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1. So we suggest customer removing IE maintenance if using this “GPP->Shortcuts” method in case they have any conflicts.
Xiaoman Wang from CSS DSI Team