For Debug Diagnostic 1.2, please refer to
This article will detail the action plan you can implement to generate a manual hang dump using Debug Diagnostic for every processes owned by IIS.
This action plan can be applied when your W3WP.exe process or your application is hanged and that you are quickly aware of the situation to generate a dump yourself before the issue is gone. A hang of a process means the application is no longer responding with a normal execution time or is even not responding at all but the process is not crashing. This means there is no stop or restart of the process and you won't see any change to the Process ID.
- Debug Diagnostic 2.0 can be download at the following URL:
If the operating system is 32-bit, install the 32 bit DebugDiagx86.msi. For 64 bit operating system choose the DebugDiagx64.msi.
- Execute DebugDiag 2.0 Collection on the IIS server, the wizard "Select Rule Type" loads
- Click on "Cancel"
- To generate dumps :
- Click on "Tools" > "Create IIS/COM+ Hang Dump"
- Don't hesitate to access slow pages before and during the dump generation
- Select "Yes" in the Debug Diagnostic Tool window
- Once the dump is complete, click on "OK"
The dumps are located by default in "C:\Program Files\DebugDiag\Logs\Misc".
This location can be modified by using the "Tools > Options and Settings…" menu, via the field "Manuel Userdump Save Folder".
Xin Jin From GBSD DSI Team