RoboChamps has launched!
I’ve been on the road in Latin America so am late to make this announcement as I was really busy. But better late than never as they say. Robotics = Services + Orchestration so it could prove really interesting – intellectually at the very least – to those of you who have not considered this area as useful as traditional application development in terms of learning about software design and architecture. It’s time to prove yourself wrong.
Very briefly RoboChamps is:
- A new simulation-based robotics league
- New 3-D environments will be released every 1-2 months
- Based on MRDS 2008
- Targeted at ALL software developers – professionals, students, academics and hobbyists alike
- A community site providing links, videos, samples, training and forums
- Participants can win REAL robots
The Web site is chock full of great learning material and I especially like the tutorial videos, starter kits and the most excellent Chapter 3 on the CCR of Kyle John’s upcoming book. I must admit I love all the bling too. 🙂
Marc Mercuri has done a really outstanding job with this project – Thanks Marc!