There’s been a lot of buzz about Open XML and if you’re wondering how to ramp up quickly, then I’d highly recommend reading this excellent concise explanation by Wouter Van Vugt.
Quite a number of Microsoft folks have written about the recent Open XML support from IBM and Google and here are some links if you’re interested in this topic:
- Welcome to the party, IBM! – Doug Mahugh, January 18, 2008
- Speaking of odd contradictions… – Gray Knowlton, January 18, 2008
- Open XML Support By IBM – Jason Matusow, January 21, 2007
- Eric Lai: “Lotusphere: Whoops?! IBM products support Microsoft’s Open XML doc format! – Stephen McGibbon, January 20, 2008
- IBM & Google Now Support Open XML(?) – Oliver Bell, January 19, 2008
- IBM and Google Support for Open XML– Craig Kitterman, January 19, 2008
- Développeurs, à vos clavier. IBM, Google et Apple ne peuvent pas tous se tromper: il y a du business Open XML à prendre., Bruno Schroder & Dirk Tombeur [Benelux]
- IBM: Open XML or not Open XML? – OpenXML Blog [France]
- [open xml] Google implementirao Open XML spec – Ratko Mutavdžić DPE/NTO [Croatia]
- Belated Welcome to IBM to the OOXML Party! – Owen Allen
The news section of Open XML Developer website is handy to monitor what’s coming up like SDKs, Java libraries, XML Spy support, and accessibility of Open XML.