Couple of days we deployed our sprint 105 payload on VSTS which enabled manual intervention feature in release management. In this post, I will walk you through the steps you can perform to use manual intervention in your releases.
How to add manual intervention task in your release definition?
- Add automated tasks in your environment as you have been doing so far. In the below environment, I have added one power-shell task.
- Add manual intervention task in your release definition environment.
- Create a server phase
- Add MI task in the server phase.
- Add other tasks which you want to execute post manual intervention. At the end of it, my environment looks like this.
- Save the release definition.
How to execute manual intervention task in a release?
- Create a release as usual.
- When the release reaches manual intervention task, you will observe that the UI is prompting you to resume/reject the execution.
- Resume it to pass the task.
- Releases will proceed to the next phase.
That's it. You have seen that it is very easy to add a manual intervention task in an environment and it is easy to execute it.