Stefan Gossner, a friend and colleague of mine, “tagged” me as did Spence Harbar, friend and MVP. Basically, I have to say 5 things that people may not necessarily know about me. Since this isn’t work related and I’m on vacation, I thought I’d go ahead and come up with 5. Here goes:
1. I’ve lived in many places. I’ve lived in 5 different countries, traveled to over 30 and I was born in Iran. Why Iran? My parents were there for a couple years for work… and I just happened to be born there!
2. I’ve met and spent time with Mother Teresa in 1990. The little time I spent with her influenced me in a number of ways. Though I don’t consider myself religious (born Hindu), I do believe in animal rights (turned Vegetarian), have had an article published in a religious magazine in Hong Kong when I was in high school, and believe that everyone has a right to believe in whomever they want and whatever they want.
3. I speak 4 languages. I am conversational in English, Hindi (I can actually read/write as well!), Gujarati and French. I’m rusty with my French, but years of French pay off when I’m in France for more than a few days. My sister is fluent in 5 languages… Spanish being the 5th one.
4. I used to be a J2EE developer. That’s right. Even when I was developing J2EE applications, I used Visual Studio… I’m a strong believer that Visual Studio is the best IDE out there. I joined Microsoft in 2001 when I read about the vision of .NET.
5. Family and close friends come first. While I love what I do, family/close friends trump everything!