I wanted to kick off this blog with some links and resources related to last week’s SharePoint 2010 beta announcements. In particular I wanted to focus on the search side, where there now are two main offerings; the out-of-the-box SharePoint Search, and the add-on FAST Search product. The FAST Search product is new for SharePoint 2010, and the Enterprise Search blog lists 10 reasons why you should consider it.
If you want to check out FAST Search for yourself you can just download SharePoint 2010 Beta and FAST Search for SharePoint Beta. You should also check out the Tech Center for more resources, and here are some additional links to get you started;
- Deployment and configuration (Beta)
- Monitoring for FAST Search Server (Beta)
- Powershell Cmdlets Overview (Beta)
- PowerShell Cmdlet Help (Beta)
- Planning and Architecture (Beta)
- Site admin and Central Admin for FAST (Beta)