At Microsoft we are opening a new position for a Platform Strategy Advisor for the Windows Azure Platform. The preferred location for this position would be in Belgium. Below you can find an overview of the position:
The Windows Azure Platform is one of Microsoft’s strategic focus areas in cloud computing. This core service offering is delivering Platform-As-A-Service to support our partners and customers looking to transform their businesses through cloud computing. Join the Developer and Platform Evangelism (DPE) organization where you will support Cloud Service Vendors develop commercially available applications on the Windows Azure Platform.
The DPE team is looking for a Platform Strategy Advisor (PSA) who demonstrates 50% business development backed with 50% technical expertise and experience. As a member of the Azure ISV team, you will be responsible for identifying, driving, and closing Azure ISV opportunities in your region. You will help these partners bring their cloud applications to market by providing business model and architectural guidance and supporting them through their development and go-to-market activities. This position entails evangelizing the Windows Azure Platform to ISV partners, removing roadblocks to their deployment, and driving partner satisfaction.
In this role, you would be responsible for:
- Developing and deployment of high quality, commercially available applications in your region
- Ongoing evangelism of the Windows Azure Platform
- Effective opportunity pipeline development and management with accurate forecasting
- Creating Azure opportunity development plans compatible with overall Microsoft account management strategies
- Ensuring synchronization between the Microsoft field teams to drive Azure’s presence in top ISV opportunities
- Deployments of Azure applications that reinforce Microsoft’s business value, including TCO and ROI evidence
- Delivering on sales readiness activities and metrics
- Understanding the Microsoft field model and how best to integrate with the broader sales organization
- Delivering ongoing market and competitive insights to the business group
If you are interested don’t hesitate to apply for the job at https://careers.microsoft.com/JobDetails.aspx?ss=&pg=0&so=&rw=1&jid=45865&jlang=EN