Windows Server AppFabric Beta 2 is available for download. First publicized at PDC 2009, Windows Server AppFabric is a set of application services focused on improving the speed, scale, and management of Web, Composite, and Enterprise applications.
Developers and IT pros can expect the following benefits from Windows Server AppFabric:
- Faster Web Apps Made Easy - Windows Server AppFabric helps developers improve the speed and availability of web applications through distributed in-memory caching and replication technology that works with current ASP.NET applications.
- Simplified Composite Apps - Developers can simplify the development of composite applications with the pre-built application services in Windows Server AppFabric, used in conjunction with Visual Studio tools and .NET Framework capabilities (ASP.NET, WCF and WF). IT Pros can also simplify the deployment, monitoring, and management of composite applications with configuration and monitoring capabilities that are integrated with familiar tools (PowerShell, IIS Manager, and System Center).
- Enterprise Performance and Availability - An enterprise's most important and demanding applications can achieve elastic scale, performance, availability, and reliability (benefits often associated with the cloud) with the help of Windows Server AppFabric. These and countless other benefits from an unparalleled partner ecosystem utilize familiar skills from the .NET Framework and Windows Server.
- Download the Beta and check out the Windows Server AppFabric Developer Center on MSDN http://msdn.microsoft.com/appfabric
Additional Information & Resources
- Gartner Research Report: Microsoft AppFabric: A Platform for the Cloud Era is Under Construction
- Microsoft News Center feature story on Windows Server & Windows Azure platform AppFabric
- Beta 2 Blog Post on Windows Server Blog
- Windows Server AppFabric on Microsoft.com
- Windows Azure AppFabric on Microsoft.com