Today, in less than three months since its announcement, Microsoft’s Windows Azure team has announced a refresh to the Windows Azure SDK and Windows Azure tools for Visual Studio. The Community Technology Preview (CTP), announced at Microsoft’s PDC ‘08 event in October, was launched to gather feedback from the Developer community, and this updated SDK and tools release is one way Microsoft is incorporating feedback in the Windows Azure offering.
The newly announced SDK and Tools includes:
- Improved integration with Visual Studio
- Performance improvements with execution and debugging scenarios
- Improvements to Storage Client and ASP.Net provider samples
- Added support to debug Silverlight in a web role
- Bug and performance fixes based on customer feedback