This blog covers the configuration steps that are required for app registration in Azure console and then consume WebAPI for creating and search existing records in CRM.
- Using Azure Management Console
- Json Serialize using Newtonsoft
- Basic understanding of HttpClient and WebAPI in general
- ADAL (Azure Active Directory Authentication Library)
CONFIGURE YOUR APPLICATION USING AZURE MANAGEMENT CONSOLE:
- Sign-up for Azure Trial/Office 365/Dynamics 365 (Formerly called as CRM Online) in a single tenant.
- Launch your Azure Management Console and Navigate to Active Directory.
- Register your application in Azure AD
- Choose Native Client Application. You can read more about this in Azure Documentation.
- Once you’ve provided the information including Redirect Url. You should see the app dashboard as below
- You’ve completed configuration! 🙂
USING CONSOLE APPLICATION TO START YOUR VISUAL STUDIO PROJECT
//Retrieve Authentication Token from Azure
You will need to pass your ClientId and RedirectUrl from azure management console. Step 7 shows the clientID which is hidden. That would 32 digit GUID. Here’s the flow how OAUTH works. Read more on this post.
//Search Records using OData Search Filters
Full Code is available for this demo on GitHub: WebAPI Helper Source
If you’d like understand the troubleshooting part with this sample, please read this post.
Hope you’ve had fun reading this. Happy WebAPI’ng 🙂