You must have working experience in below areas: –
- Code using Java scripting
- Dynamics 356 customizations or CRM online 2015,2016, 2016 SP1 Web Resources
- Visual Studio
- Conceptual knowledge of ODATA Operations.
I’ve created HTML web resource in Dynamics 365 and a script Library to add below functions. I will although not explain how to create web resources. The source code is now available on GitHub. The demo covers the following scenario:
- Searching an existing account, if found it will show an alert with a count of accounts found
- If not found, then it will ask you if you want to create one.
//Search or Retrieve Account
There are many types of filters which can be used. A list is available at OASIS Open Source Documentation 4.0: http://docs.oasis-open.org/odata/odata/v4.0/errata02/os/complete/part1-protocol/odata-v4.0-errata02-os-part1-protocol-complete.html#_The_$filter_System
//Update existing Account:
Full source of the demo is available on GitHub:
Thank you for spending time. 🙂