ClearDB MySQL database now supports single step upgrade in Azure portal. If you using a ClearDB database you may at some point in time hit quota limitations on ClearDB such as max connections or storage limits . For more details in pricing tiers and quota limits click here.
How to upgrade your ClearDB MySQL database
- Login to Azure portal
- Click on All resources and select your ClearDB MySQL database
- Click on Settings->Scale up your database
4. Select the pricing tier. Currently on single step upgrade is supported , which means if the current pricing tier is Mercury , you can upgrade to Titan . You cannot upgrade from Mercury pricing tier to Venus pricing tier at the skipping other pricing tiers during the upgrade.
Key things to remember:
- Currently this feature does not support downgrade from higher pricing tier to a lower pricing tier.
- If you are using a database on Jupiter tier. You will not see scale up database setting in the Azure portal .