Experiencing Data Latency for Customer Event Data Type – 09/05 – Resolved


Final Update: Monday, 05 September 2016 06:19 UTC

We've confirmed that all systems are back to normal with no customer impact as of 09/05, 06:15 UTC. Our logs show the incident started on 09/05, 01:50 UTC and that during the 4 hours 25 minutes that it took to resolve the issue Some % of customers would have not received alerts from proactive detection feature. We have proccessed all the backlog data and now the feature is working as expected.
  • Root Cause: The failure was due to one of our backend systems which process the reqests from proactive detection feature was not working as expected. We have fixed our backend system which helped in mitigating the issue.
  • Lessons Learned: We have collected telemetry logs and identified steps to be taken to avoid these kind of scenarios in future.
  • Incident Timeline: 4 Hours & 25 minutes - 09/05, 01:50 UTC through 09/05, 06:15 UTC

We understand that customers rely on Application Insights as a critical service and apologize for any impact this incident caused.

-Rama


Update: Monday, 05 September 2016 04:26 UTC

We continue to investigate issues within Application Insights. Root cause is not fully understood at this time. Some customers continue to experience latency in base line change alert to customer using proactive detection feature . We are working to establish the start time for the issue, initial findings indicate that the problem began at <09/05 ~01:50 UTC>. We currently have no estimate for resolution.
  • Work Around: None
  • Next Update: Before 09/05 06:30 UTC

-Rama


Skip to main content