On Wednesday, February 2, 2017, we started deploying a regular service update. We upgrade production service instances in batches and it usually takes several days for the rollout to complete.
Below is the list of the new features, improvements and bug fixes in this release.
Updates and fixes
- Service instance backups are now valid for up to 30 days (used to be 7 days) from the time of their creation.
- To improve security, management API access token expiry can be now set to a maximum of 30 days into the future, when using Publisher portal
- We fixed the bug that prevented group membership changes become immediately available from the policy expressions
- We improved TLS security by disabling ciphers now considered weak
- We added the
require-schemeattribute to the validate-jwt policy. When this attribute is set, the policy will enforce that header value is well formed and contains the specified token scheme value.
Azure portal improvements
- Resource blade now shows all items found in the API Management section in the publisher portal. (All of them except APIs, deep link into the respective page on the Publisher portal. We are working on “lighting” them up natively in the Azure portal.)
- Highlighting is on for response messages in the Test console
- Test console in the APIs blade in the Azure portal now displays 4xx and 5xx responses and custom response headers
- File upload is available in the Test console
- After sending a request in the Test console, the top of the response is being automatically scrolled into view
- Total and per section latencies are shown in the traces in the Test console
- Improved trace navigation in the Test console
- Request content is populated from schema or example in the Test console
- Improved layout for all tables in the APIs, e.g. descriptions appear last, edit controls are sized appropriately
- Super handy policy popups in the Design (mouse over and you’ll see)
- All policies are now shown in the Design
- Now you can append to an API via import
If you can’t see any of these changes, flush your browser’s cache and try again.