On Wednesday, September 14, 2016, we started deploying another regular service update. We update production service instances in batches and it will take a take a few days for the rollout to complete.
Below is the list of the new features, improvements and bug fixes in this release.
- Request log access. Now you can retrieve request log entries for a specified time period via management API. At this time the operation doesn’t support paging, so use smaller periods to minimize latency and response size.
- XSL Transform Policy. You can now use an XSLT within your policies to transform and arrange XML content. You can read more about this new policy in our blog post about it: XSLT Policy
Updates and fixes
- We are now available in 2 more regions! Customers can now create API Management instances in West US 2 and West Central US regions.
- We have removed some restrictions on the Developer tier. Users now have access to unlimited user accounts, and VNET support. This should prove particularly useful if you are using a developer tier instance as a pre-production environment in conjunction with a production premium tier instance. At the moment, VNET configuration is available via API and PowerShell only. We will enable it in the portal in a few weeks.
- We have added a fix to properly handle very large properties within a JSON document passed to the JSON-to-XML policy.
- We have fixed an issue where, as part of the Git import process, we were not deleting an api before adding an api with the same name.