On Monday, September 6, 2016, we started deploying a regular service update. We update production service instances in batches and it will take a take a few days for the rollout to complete.
Below is the list of the new features, improvements and bug fixes in this release.
- Retry policy. As the name implies, this policy executes enclosed policies if and until the retry condition is met or retry count is exceeded. Fixed, linear and exponential retry algorithms are supported.
Updates and fixes
- Now you can use expressions to dynamically specify partition keys in the Log to Event Hub policy:
<log-to-eventhub logger-id="dataset1" partition-key="@(context.Operation.Id)"> @( string.Join(",", DateTime.UtcNow, context.Subscription.Key, context.Deployment.ServiceName, context.RequestId,context.Request.IpAddress, context.Operation.Name)) </log-to-eventhub>
- We are now properly importing multiple response codes specified like this
…<response status="400 505">…in WADL.
- We improved memory usage by moving things around internally. This will make every service instance a bit more performant and robust, especially the ones in the Developer tier.
- Now the progress bar in the console appears where you can actually see it and the API Inspector trace is immediately available in a tab, side-by-side with the response. See for yourself: