‘The Compressed (zipped) Folder is invalid or corrupted’

Some people have reported problems downloading releases from the Workspaces application;
either they find a 0 byte file, or are presented with the message ‘The Compressed
(zipped) Folder is invalid or corrupted’. Either way, not fun.

From the list of late-breaking
On downloading a release, the error message “The Compressed (zipped) Folder is
invalid or corrupted.” is shown

This corresponds to a known problem in the way Internet Explorer downloads compressed
files. For more information, see KB
. As suggested in that article, this problem can be worked around by first
saving the compressed folder to disk, and opening the release from the saved location.

So, the KB has background and the workaround is to save to disk. What if you never
have that option? You may have (inadvertantly) configured your machine to always open
ZIP files, without asking you first. To fix this, open up any Windows Explorer window,
Tools/Folder Options, then on the File Types tab find ZIP files and click Advanced.
Finally, make sure the ‘Confirm open after download’ box is checked.

All fixed.

1. Roy Osherove says:

Hi Andy. I created an RSS feed from that page, so we’ll all know when something is added/changed.

It’s done using the free "Feedable" service that I created: http://royo.is-a-geek.com/siteFeeder

Roy Osherove

2. Andy Oakley says:

Great idea, thanks Roy.

3. william says:

whenever i download something for my game this thing pops up and say that my compressed (zipped) folder is corrupt invalid

4. josh says:

change to .zip extention to .rar and download WinRar to open it or just leave the .zip alone it can open it too!

5. josh says:

ooop! change the .zip extention to .rar and download WinRar to open it or just leave the .zip alone it can open it too!!

6. anmol says:

i want this folder to download theme

7. plz tell me what can i do for this masseng

8. Methos says:

bye dusk could that just be the c: drive?

9. Chris B Crucnch says:

Ok im not sure if this is the same thing but my things I dowbload dont even get saved into a compressed folder. Its really annoying because I LOVE the sims. Whenever the file is saved to the desktop and I try to open it it asks what program I want to open it with !? What program should I choose !?

If anyone can help me thanks

10. ryan says:

I downloaded a program using kazaa. It gives the ‘The Compressed (zipped) Folder is invalid or corrupted’, I tried saving it too a disk but that didn’t work, and everything else i was told by windows, what should i do

11. ltd says:

my thing says corrupted to i dont know what u mean when u say change to .zip extentions i dont know to much about computers i just know i tryied to download a game and then it did’nt work 🙁 help me out please