I am sure this information exists elsewhere, but it falls into that category of something I do just often enough to forget how to do it. So, if you find yourself needing to see which objects have been recently deleted from a domain, you can follow these steps to do it.
- Open LDP
- Select Controls from the Options menu
- Under Load Predefinied dropdown, select Return Deleted Objects.
- Choose the Check Out buton to load Obj Identifier 1.2.840.1135220.127.116.117
- Choose Check In without modification
- Click Ok
- From the View menu, choose Tree
- Enter cn=deleted objects,dc=domain,dc=com into the BaseDN combo box
- Browse away at all objects that have been deleted.