This morning, Bill Staples made a few more announcements related to our collaboration with Zend.
These announcements fall squarely under our interoperability initiative. We have realized the needs of our customers, partners and developers who want an enhanced experience when it comes to serving PHP on Windows. From Bill's blog post :
- First, Zend and Microsoft will continue work on FastCGI and scalable PHP hosting on Windows Servers. Specifically, Zend has committed to redistribute FastCGI in Zend Core, its certified PHP 5 offering. In addition, Zend will ensure that Zend Core fully supports the Server Core installation option for Windows Server 2008, allowing their optimized PHP to be hosted on the most streamlined version of Windows Server ever released.
- Second, Zend and Microsoft are a strategic partnership to enable support for Information Cards by PHP developers through a component built for Zend Framework.
- Third, Microsoft is announcing the availability this week of the first Community Technology Preview (CTP) of the SQL Server 2005 Driver for PHP. The PHP Driver delivers an API designed to enable reliable, scalable integration with SQL Server for PHP applications deployed on the Windows platform. Microsoft envisions working together with Zend and the PHP Community to ensure that the SQL Server 2005 Driver for PHP is a great offering for PHP developers and part of Zend’s core PHP offering.
Helpful links :
- FastCGI for IIS
- PHP on IIS
- SQL Server 2005
- SQL Server 2005 Driver for PHP (live on 10/11/2007)
- Microsoft Expands Interoperability for the Identity Metasystem