IE 7.0 – coming right up…

Finally, I can stop using Firefox secretly (at home, on my home computer, on my personal PC, which is not linked to the Microsoft corporate network 😉 ) :

New Standalone IE for XP Planned

1. . says:

secretly? why not use it seriously, and then you can improve on IE by watching the competition, call it market research 😀

There is no ban on firefox at microsoft redwest or other satallite BUs. How about growing up?

2. . says:

Same applies to OpenOffice, and other applications. Run them side by side, I do.

Its a good way for testing.

3. . says:

Why no 2000 support, is there a technical reason? 2000 is still in the support phase.

4. T says:

Hmm, it seems a little early to change yet. The beta is still only planned for this summer, with the final release scheduled for ???.

5. David Betz says:

Hmm…I’m not really that into security stuff. I need an agile and customizable browser/powercenter with rock solid features, broad standards support, NO proprietary anything, and stability.

It will take more than even a flawlessly secure major version upgrade to get IE within 1 microns of the trillion mile gap between IE and Firefox.

I mean, don’t get me wrong I am a strong Microsoft supporter. You will see be bashing that Linux trash before I ever blaspheme the great Empire. But this IE is just not needed anymore. Our leaders in MS should swallow their pride and pat the Firefox people on the back. I mean it’s a free browser anyhow. I’m not sure of the revenue related to it indirectly, but as it is it seems more like Microsoft is trying to save face. But they don’t need to. They saved western society from the dark ages by giving DOS and later Windows to the world.

Firefox can and should remain as the champion.

I know others feel the same way. I was a closet Firefox user too. But we can’t hide what we believe in. You have to share the truth or else you will end up a fundamentalist weirdo.

6. . says:

Its just software, get over it and get a life. Sad people.

7. . says:

ohh my little (or bloated) program is better than yers,, FAP FAP FAP FAP…

8. David Betz says:

It’s not just software. It’s software we use on a daily basis. What this person said it like saying "It’s just money!": A nice little saying with a good point, but try going a while without it.

9. z says:

I have went 2 years without money dude. Whats your point? I do voluntary work and I have food and accomodation and probably a broader mind than you.

10. z says:

Software, its free, welcome to the NEW world dude.

You think I am PAYING for this software? Im using free alternatives that I use on a DAILY basis, but thanks for playing contestant.

11. Z says:

Open office – FREE

Firefox – FREE

Thunderbird – FREE

IM Clients – FREE

VoIP – FREE

Wifi – FREE

Developmenet languages and platforms – FREE

Open standards – FREE

Living without dependancy on money and a ratrace full of rats like you – PRICELESS

12. x says:

Open office – FREE

Firefox – FREE

Thunderbird – FREE

IM Clients – FREE

VoIP – FREE

Wifi – FREE

Developmenet languages and platforms – FREE

Open standards – FREE

13. y says:

Yeah and fix your web server , that aspx crap is crashing all the time on submitting 😀

14. y says:

Yeah and fix your web server , that crap is crashing all the time on submitting 😀

Skip to main content