This is not even news but I somehow missed it. Might have had something to do with all of the Christmas cookies, ham, and egg nog I had. Oh, and sitting in airports behind horrendous Chicago weather delays.
Why the 2nd release?
Since the first release, we have received lots of feedback and change requests. Most feedback indicated a desire for a more practical approach to branching compared to the first release which is more theoretical. With that in mind, we decided to reduce the conceptual part and focus on branching practices with Team Foundation Server.
What is in the package?
- TFS Branching Guide – Main 2.0
- This is the main article which briefly explains branching concepts and introduces 3 levels of the most common branching scenario
- TFS Branching Guide – Scenarios 2.0
- A collection of less common branching scenarios
- TFS Branching Guide – Q&A 2.0
- A set of most frequently asked questions with answers
- TFS Branching Guide – Drawings 2.0
- A set of branching drawings in different formats including a large branching poster
- TFS Branching Guide – Labs 2.0
- A couple of examples for hands on labs with step by step instruction for practicing the branching scenarios
This guidance was created in a VSTS Ranger project. VSTS Rangers is a special group with members from the VSTS Product Team and Microsoft Services. Their mission is to provide out of band solutions for missing features or guidance.