Resources For Students
- The Ultimate Steal – Students can purchase Office Ultimate 2007 for only $59.95.
- DreamSpark – Allows students to download software developer and design tools for free.
- Channel 8 – A blog for students who want to code, connect and create technology. This site includes information on products, promotions, and insight on what it’s like to work at Microsoft.
- Imagine Cup – The world’s premier student technology competition, encourages students to apply their talents to make real-world innovations.
- Microsoft Students to Business – A hands-on way for students to learn what they need to enter the business world. Mentoring, training, and certification are all part of this unique program for qualified students.
- MSDN Academic Alliance – The easiest and most inexpensive way for students and faculty in technology and design fields to get the latest Microsoft software they need.
- CareerForward – The CareerFoward program takes on the challenge of assisting young people as they prepare for careers in the global market that is impacting their lives now and in the future.
- Microsoft IT Academy Student Pass – A special no-cost online learning opportunity for university students in technical studies. IT Academy Student Pass provides free e-learning courses to verified university students who are interested in extending their IT or developer skills with Microsoft technologies.
- Microsoft College Scholarship Program – Microsoft is offering four different types of technical scholarships for the 2009-2010 academic year to current undergraduate students: General Scholarships, Women’s Scholarships, Underrepresented Minority Scholarships, and Scholarships for Students with Disabilities.
- BAM Scholarship Program – This year, BAM will award two $5,000 scholarships to outstanding high school seniors who are interested in pursuing careers in technology. The scholarships are renewable, so winners who continue to meet the criteria can receive an annual $5,000 award for up to four years.
- WAM Scholarship Program – Each year WAM awards two scholarships of $2,500 each to undergraduate women who are attending a college or university in the state of Washington and working toward a degree in a computer-related major.
FREE Tools for Educators
- Innovative Teachers Network – A global community for educators utilizing Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to encourage and foster collaboration among teachers worldwide.
- Teacher Tech Tuesdays – A free webinar series just for teachers! View one of the many on demand or live presentations on topics such as collaboration in the classroom and School of the Future.
- Free Posters for the Classroom – Teachers can register to have a free classroom poster sent to them.
- Learning Essentials – Here teachers can download free classroom templates, find lesson plans, instructions on how to find grants and scholarships, and more.