Well, not so new anymore but you may have missed the original announcement like I did. Download the installs and get the details of "What's New" here:
TFS 2008 Power Tools: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/tfs2008/bb980963.aspx
Team Foundation Server Power Tools includes the following tools:
- Team Foundation Power Tool command-line tool (TFPT.EXE)
- Build Notification
- Process Template Editor
- Custom Check-In Policy Pack
- Team Foundation Server Best Practices Analyzer
- Work Item Templates
The Visual Studio Team System 2008 Team Foundation Server MSSCCI Provider enables integrated use of Team Foundation Version Control with products that do not support Team Explorer integration.
This version (2.0) includes:
- Updated provider to link against VS 2008 TFS assemblies (i.e. version 188.8.131.52)
- Enabled support for MSSCCI BeginBatch/EndBatch in VS 2003 and SQL Server Management Studio during Check In operations. This should alleviate the "multiple Check In dialog" issue by showing all pending changes in the workspace in the first dialog that appears and permitting the user to check in all changes from that first dialog.
- Changed Open From Source Control in VS 2003 to validate a project file exists in the selected server folder before leaving the dialog.